Genesis II downloads
- Genesis II is compatible with Java version 8 (aka version 1.8.x), and is designed to be as self-contained as practical to avoid a complicated installation process. Wherever possible, the Genesis II installation includes embedded, freely-licensed, software products for required 3rd party components. Third party components include Apache Derby Embedded for the database, Jetty for the web server, and Axis for the application server. Currently, the Genesis II installation packages do not require you to download or configure any third party software.
- All downloads, distributions, and usage of Genesis II are subject to the Genesis II Public License. This license follows the Apache model for licensing open source software. Please read the licensing information before downloading and installing Genesis II.
- Please see the Omnibus Reference for requirements and instructions for installing and configuring your Genesis II distribution.
- All GenesisII installers are created with install4j, a flexible tool for managing Java and other application installations: http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/install4j/overview.html
- Thanks to YourKit for supporting this open source project with its full-featured Java Profiler: YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler
GFFS Installers by Grid
These are experimental versions of GenesisII that are under test. Use at your own risk!
GenesisII Source Code
- GenesisII is an open source software project following the Apache License v2.0.
- The subversion repository for GenesisII allows anonymous access for check-outs. The trunk version is available by running (for example):
- svn co svn://svn.xcg.virginia.edu:9002/GENREPO/GenesisII/trunk genesis-trunk
- Subversion tools are available in most Unix and Linux operating systems and are also available at subversion.apache.org