Genesis II Wiki
|February 28, 2020, at 01:21 AM||Genesis II Wiki / Main / TACC-Stampede|
Login to Stampede head node
To share your Stampede data with XSEDE grid users
1. Run set_acls.sh script (located in ~grimshaw/set_acls.sh) allowing the user that runs GenesisII container access to your data. First allow read access to your home directory (step1 below) and then give rwx (or some combination os rwx) recursively on the directory to be shared (step2 below)
step1. bash ~grimshaw/set_acls.sh unicore /home1/01264/grimshaw rx
The above command gives user 'unicore' permissions to read user 'grimshaw''s home directory on stampede. Unicore is the user running GenesisII GFFS container on Stampede. When user shares data, it it important to give atleast read access to all the directories upto (and including) the directory to be shared.
step2. bash ~grimshaw/set_acls.sh -R unicore /home1/01264/grimshaw/shared-dir rwx
The above command give user 'unicore' permissions to read/write/execute recursively on user 'grimshaw''s shared-dir on stampede
2. Install xsede grid client on your desktop/laptop. If you have already installed the client, skip to Step3.
3. On your grid client, login to xsede grid using your xsede credentials
ex. grid xsedeLogin --username=<xsede-portal-id>
4. Run grid export create command to share your Stampede data on grid
ex. grid export --create /resources/xsede.org/stampede.tacc.xsede.org/containers/vlogin03-gffs-container local:/home1/01264/grimshaw/shared-dir /home/xsede.org/grimshaw/stampede-shared-dir
This command creates a export in grid namespace, /home/xsede.org/grimshaw/stampede-shared-dir.
5. To share your export with other xsede users, give appropriate permissions to access the shared directory
ex. grid chmod /home/xsede.org/grimshaw/stampede-shared-dir +rwx /users/xsede.org/vana
Here, xsede grid user 'grimshaw' shared /home/xsede.org/grimshaw/stampede-shared-dir with xsede grid user 'vana'. Now xsede user 'vana' will be able to directly read/write/execute files in user 'grimshaw''s stampede home directory /home1/01264/grimshaw/shared-dir.
What can be shared on Stampede
|Validate the XHTML and CSS of this page.||Page last modified on September 10, 2015, at 04:32 PM||Edit History Print Recent Changes|
Powered by PmWiki